PacketFabric’s SDN-Network now extends access to DE-CIX Chicago from multiple locations throughout the region.
New York – 31 March 2021. DE-CIX the world’s leading carrier and data center neutral Internet Exchange (IX) operator and PacketFabric, the leading provider of on-demand connectivity for hybrid and multi-cloud IT, today announce the expansion of their network interconnection capabilities to DE-CIX Chicago, the first commercially managed, Open-IX certified neutral IX serving the entire Midwest market.
DE-CIX Chicago, the third IX for DE-CIX North America operational since December 2020, has quickly become the most accessible and distributed neutral IX serving the market. This capability is now further realized through the company’s partnership and expanded interconnections with PacketFabric, increasing the ability for networks to access DE-CIX from even more data center locations including Serverfarm and CoreSite CH2 in Chicago; CyrusOne in Aurora, IL; and Digital Realty and ServerCentral in Elk Grove Village, IL. DE-CIX Chicago’s existing capabilities are distributed over multiple data centers with switches at Digital Realty and within 427 S. La Salle at 365 Data Centers and CoreSite, offering diversity from 350 E. Cermak.
With DE-CIX Chicago’s core switch deployment at 427 S. LaSalle and PacketFabric’s interconnection at this location, networks looking to have full diversity from 350 E. Cermak can now achieve this.
- Collaboration expands reach between DE-CIX and PacketFabric to DE-CIX Chicago, enabling access from more than six unique data centers serving the greater Chicago market
- PacketFabric’s SDN-based network simplifies network provisioning, enabling dynamic bandwidth and connectivity management
- PacketFabric customers can dynamically design and quickly deploy any network configuration leveraging an advanced Application Program Interface (API) and web-based portal
- Through multiple Network to Network Interfaces (NNIs) between DE-CIX and PacketFabric across North America, PacketFabric customers can now dynamically reach DE-CIX IXs in Chicago, Dallas and New York seamlessly
- Networks in nearby cities such as Indianapolis and Minneapolis seeking secondary and diverse exchange connections can now leverage PacketFabric’s network to reach DE-CIX Chicago
“We’re in the business of democratizing access to mission critical infrastructure services, and we’re proud to support DE-CIX’s continued growth and success,” comments Jezzibell Gilmore, Chief Commercial Officer and co-founder of PacketFabric. “With the launch of DE-CIX Chicago, we can now offer additional locations for our mutual customers and business partners to meet and interconnect with other networks from any global location on our private on-demand connectivity platform.”
“DE-CIX and PacketFabric continue to expand our cooperation as our services are so complementary,” comments Ed d'Agostino, Vice President and General Manager of DE-CIX North America. “PacketFabric customers now have greater interconnection options in each of our North American markets as well as from adjacent markets. PacketFabric not only helps DE-CIX serve metro areas, they also serve the surrounding regions.”
DE-CIX Chicago is interconnected with DE-CIX New York and DE-CIX Dallas via a private network, creating a fully redundant, optimized low-latency route between each market. In addition to peering and cloud connectivity services available through DE-CIX’s DirectCLOUD capabilities, customers can access the world’s largest carrier and data center neutral interconnection ecosystem through DE-CIX’s GlobePEER Remote solution. DE-CIX’s global interconnection ecosystem reaches all the way from the DE-CIX IXs in North America, to Europe, the Middle East, India, and Southeast Asia, connecting more than 2,200 networks throughout the world.